Support » sga IRC Chat Setup Guide (For Windows)
This is a quick guide to get the sga IRC Chat setup on your Windows machine using LeafChat. You may still find this guide useful if using other Operating Systems as leafChat is an IRC client for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Other IRC clients tend to expire after 30 days and require you to spend money, one reason for choosing this program. This process should take you about 5 minutes to complete.
- Download Leaf Chat and install it. (make sure you select the latest version for your OS)
- Start the program by selecting Start > All programs > Leaf Chat 2 > Leaf Chat 2
- You will be presented with a welcome screen (see below). (If this screen does not automatically appear select options on the menu bar at the top of the program window and click 'Re-run settings Wizard'.) When you see the screen below click next.
- The second screen will ask you for a nickname and a username, you may be asked to change your nickname if somebody else has it when signing onto the IRC server. Enter your details and click next.
- You are now asked to enter a Quit Message which will be sent on exiting the IRC channel. Also your real name should be entered to allow users to identify you using a WHOIS command. Enter your details and click next.
- You will now be asked to set an interface style, I prefer the tabbed layout. Make you selection and click next.
- You will now be asked to select a theme, make your preference and click next.
- You should now see a confirmation that the setup is complete, click finish.
- Click the 'Connect' button (the first button at the top of the program window).
- At the 'Address' Input bar enter 'irc.elasticmind.net' without the quotes and click the 'Connect' button on the right hand side (see below).
- You should now be connected to the IRC server as show below.
- To join the sga channel simply click the 'Join' button (along the top of the program window) and where it says 'Enter the name of the channel...' type '#sga' as shown below then click Join on the right hand side.
- You should now be connected to the sga IRC channel! type your message into the bar along the bottom of the program window and hit return to send it.
- That's it you're done!